Friday, July 11, 2008

A different kind of mountain

After an uneventful flight home I'm now looking at a different kind of mountain - a mountain of laundry! Mud-caked shoes and jeans, hiking capris, plus all the hand-washing of dressy clothes from the retirement ceremony, means lots of loads to sort out and clean.

Dave and Reese missed me. I was home for about an hour before Dave and I took off for dinner, and the dog was most unhappy that I was walking out the door again. Upon our return, he followed me around all evening, and will not be happy to see me pull out the suitcase again for my MDE travels.

Ah, to sleep in my own bed again! I forgot how much I love the new pillowtop mattress! I slept in until 7:40 a.m. - until I realized it was only 5:40 in Colorado, where my biologic clock is set. So, did I really sleep in, or not? I guess it's all relative. But since I got a very refreshing sleep, I'm going to say, "YES! I actually slept in this summer!"

I was supposed to be cut from the MDE training this coming week, but now I'm back in the schedule again. It's gonna be a busy 4 weeks!

3 comments:

Patricia said...

YA IT WENT GOOD BUT I GOT EMBRASSED AND EVERYTHING SO YA . BUT I WAS DANCING AND HE CAME IN THE HOUSE AND STARTED TO DANCE WITH ME BUT I COULDNT DANCE I HIT A SHY THING I CAN DANCE WITH HIM FOR SOME REASON BUT I HAVE TO GET USE TO IT

Anonymous said...

Oww not really I clean when I get angry. So last night I got into a fight with my mom because she was being really ridged so I moved everything thatwas in my room into another postion, vaccumed and organized my school binder. I kind of like they way I get o.c.d. when I get mad. But I did find old school work that brought up some happy and sad memories. The way you clean sounds like my mom. stopping and takin a look at everything.

Anonymous said...

sorry for hsving missed class today. My mom was having timed contractions before scghool today. We thought she was going to have the baby todaty. She is still having them but she doesnt know if her water will break today. If she does not have to go to the hospital tonight or earlty in the morning I will be at school tommorow. Ohh, and by the way what was the assn, today? Anything i can do from home tonight?